Vahalla
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vahalla EQ Emulator Server

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

IDK if to consider these bugs or not

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eliseus

IDK if to consider these bugs or not Empty
PostSubject: IDK if to consider these bugs or not   IDK if to consider these bugs or not I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 7:54 pm

Like topic says, IDK lol. Maybe more of things I noticed that I should bring to your guys attention? They are pretty minor, but hey if you are OCD like me maybe you will like this post.

First all, thank you for server, am enjoying it a lot!

1st - Scribespells gives magician their summon orb spell (which is their epic).
2nd - One part of the starting tasks says to talk to an NPC named Anthiron (I think thats what it says, cant remember off top of my head). The name of the NPC is actually Athiron.
3rd - Is Xilniov really suppose to be as tough as he is for the first part of charm quest. He is like triple the power if not more then all the other nameds for this task. Zoning through shadowhaven doesn't help. Maybe find a new npc to use or do some tuning?
4th - What do you have raid exp set at? Me and my bro zephr grouped together today with our bots both out in 2 seperate groups and the exp was phenomenal for it being a raid, IDK if it even went down, it actually felt like we were getting more for some reason. On top of it all we were killing a lot faster. Remember, that is technically 12 people.

Suggestions
Can the charm get something added to it to benefit casters more (there might be something more, but this is coming from someone still low lvl)? I mean in comparison with the haste on it? Maybe something to increase magic damage?

After completing the simple defiant quest I thought "wow this would really be a hassle to do this for all my bots too". Would there be a way to make these quests part of a global quest, then give you access to an npc that will let you buy any more pieces you want after completing them?

IDK if you know much about the bots, but would there be anyway to make it so berserker attacks from behind mobs if you do?

Is there a way to fix bots from bugging out when being in a raid and zoning? I mean it only takes half a sec to camp them then resummon after zoning, just thought I would ask.

I was going to think about seeing if there was anyway to get aggro radius reduced since being a mage main I can't seem to get my war bot in some zones in LoS to send him in without aggrowing tons of stuff, but figured if these are live like aggro radius then that would be a no.

Also, anyway of getting more fabled added in? I know a lot of them are already even in the DB and just need to be added to a spawn group.

Thank you for all the fun so far, me and zephr will hopefully have more for you guys by the end of tonight!
Back to top Go down
Graecus

PostSubject: Re: IDK if to consider these bugs or not   IDK if to consider these bugs or not I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 8:29 pm

Yes, Xilniov is supposed to be that hard... He, unlike most other targets involved with the charm quest at that stage, is a raid mob, not a named. Those making the mistake of thinking he's just another named will find that the floor does in fact, not taste so good.
Back to top Go down
Zolexa13
Dev Team

PostSubject: Re: IDK if to consider these bugs or not   IDK if to consider these bugs or not I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 8:46 pm

Thanks for the laundry list! Yes us OCD people like our lists. Plus if you had questions, someone else might also. I'll try and answer what I can, and put the rest on the Dev To Do list.
Quote :

scribe spells seems to give alot of spels that arent actually on normal spell tables. some lvl 255 ones also. We'll look into it to see if it's changable.
Quote :
2nd - One part of the starting tasks says to talk to an NPC named Anthiron (I think thats what it says, cant remember off top of my head). The name of the NPC is actually Athiron.
My bad, I keep wanting to rename him... we'll get task fixed on pne of these next updates
Quote :
3rd - Is Xilniov really suppose to be as tough as he is for the first part of charm quest. He is like triple the power if not more then all the other nameds for this task. Zoning through shadowhaven doesn't help. Maybe find a new npc to use or do some tuning?
Xilniov is supposed to be that hard. I suppose we can move him out of "low level" and into "misc". The category rankings were a rough estimate on zone levels. I forgot he was closer to 50. You can zone thru Shadowhaven, is the southern entrance in the caves, not thru hidden door.
Quote :
4th - What do you have raid exp set at? Me and my bro zephr grouped together today with our bots both out in 2 seperate groups and the exp was phenomenal for it being a raid, IDK if it even went down, it actually felt like we were getting more for some reason. On top of it all we were killing a lot faster. Remember, that is technically 12 people.
Raid XP is only .1 lower than regular group xp. Its mostly designed to let people group with friends and the bots. At lower levels, yes, you'll plow thru most anything, but this does start to even out after 50.
Quote :
Can the charm get something added to it to benefit casters more (there might be something more, but this is coming from someone still low lvl)? I mean in comparison with the haste on it? Maybe something to increase magic damage?
Honestly, the spell effects are so plentiful on the gear when you get 60+ it would likely be overwritten by anything you get. There are a few extra benefits once you get ~20 tasks done (mana regen, spell shield etc).
Quote :
After completing the simple defiant quest I thought "wow this would really be a hassle to do this for all my bots too". Would there be a way to make these quests part of a global quest, then give you access to an npc that will let you buy any more pieces you want after completing them?
The tasks are designed to to 'get gear as you level', if anything seems over complicated, let us know specific tasks, but these arent designed to gear everyone up easily. More of a 'I get gear while xp'ing anyway tasks,'
Quote :
IDK if you know much about the bots, but would there be anyway to make it so berserker attacks from behind mobs if you do?
I dont know if this is source code or a DB line, I'll put it on the list to check. So far only bot I've sene attack from behind is rogues.
Quote :
Is there a way to fix bots from bugging out when being in a raid and zoning? I mean it only takes half a sec to camp them then resummon after zoning, just thought I would ask.
This unfortunately is not a server issue, but in the bots base coding atm. Hopefully this might get fixed in an upcoming revision, all we can do is wait.
Quote :
I was going to think about seeing if there was anyway to get aggro radius reduced since being a mage main I can't seem to get my war bot in some zones in LoS to send him in without aggrowing tons of stuff, but figured if these are live like aggro radius then that would be a no.
Aggro radius is same as live in the base content. Bot LoS is a pain at times, takes some creative pulling as a caster.
Quote :
Also, anyway of getting more fabled added in? I know a lot of them are already even in the DB and just need to be added to a spawn group.
Actually our DB doesnt have that many. We are looking to 'create' a few new ones, but I dont want to give away too many dev secrets. =) I will have the spawn tables checked to make sure the ones that are, at least have a possibility of making an appearance.
Back to top Go down
Eliseus

PostSubject: Re: IDK if to consider these bugs or not   IDK if to consider these bugs or not I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 8:55 pm

Thanks for the replies ^^ I just like to bring things to attention to see whats up, and being as I only started yesterday with zephr still a lot to learn, and because we like the server so much figured I'd point out things that maybe aren't intended.

Quote :
Xilniov is supposed to be that hard. I suppose we can move him out of "low level" and into "misc". The category rankings were a rough estimate on zone levels. I forgot he was closer to 50. You can zone thru Shadowhaven, is the southern entrance in the caves, not thru hidden door.

Just to clarify, I do know he is suppose to be that hard, just thought compared to the rest of the stuff you have to kill in the list it was crazy heh.

Also, is there anyway to make a global to make it say you have to complete all the previous charm quests before able to get the next ones? I know its a silly request but being someone that likes having to progress to get to next steps, I just wondered. I guess this is more of a suggestion, I should be posting their more hah
Back to top Go down
Lockjaws
Dev Team

PostSubject: Re: IDK if to consider these bugs or not   IDK if to consider these bugs or not I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 9:09 pm

Eliseus wrote:

Thanks i will remove the spell from the spells table so mages have to quest as on live or kill inside lower guk instance

Eliseus wrote:

I'll correct the spelling mistake tomorrow Thanks

Eliseus wrote:

We are going to re arrange a few things with the charm quests as we will be adding in bot charms, when you complete certain stages of the charm quest you will be given 5 charms for your bots at reduced power, as you complete more quests to a target point you can then hand in your current bot charms to receive 5 new bot charms with more power, each character will only ever receive 5 bot charms.

Eliseus wrote:

Current Exp rate is set at 1.5.
Raid exp rate is set at 1.4, this is to allow players to group and play together in a raid with bots without being penalized too much by the raid exp rate.

Eliseus wrote:

Suggestions

I feel the same casters do not benefit from hast like melee do, in the future i will assess the charm and add a benefit for casters, Thanks for reminding me.

Eliseus wrote:

Eliseus wrote:

Unfortunately we aren't that far advanced with our coding skills to alter the bot source code, all bot combat actions and abilities bar spells are out of our hands currently.

Eliseus wrote:

Same again that would require altering the bot source code which at this moment in time we are unable to do.

Eliseus wrote:

indeed this is live like agro radius, if we enchinter major problems with mobs agroing through walls and such we will change the radius or change mob locations as those would be hindering normal game play.

Eliseus wrote:

This has been asked a few times before, Yes it is possible, However we have a small development team currently, our backlog of content that we want to work on and get pushed out to the server gets bigger and bigger each day, i will add it to our dev list but it may be some time before we see any extra Fabled mobs in the game just yet.

Back to top Go down
Lockjaws
Dev Team

PostSubject: Re: IDK if to consider these bugs or not   IDK if to consider these bugs or not I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 9:24 pm

Eliseus wrote:

Also, is there anyway to make a global to make it say you have to complete all the previous charm quests before able to get the next ones? I know its a silly request but being someone that likes having to progress to get to next steps, I just wondered. I guess this is more of a suggestion, I should be posting their more hah

We wanted the charm quests to be open and free for people to choose which ones they want to take as there are a total of 100.

The charm stats are divided by 100 no matter which charm quest you complete if it is a low level of a high end game quest you will receive a 1% charm power increase, this also gives players the ability to seclect which quests they want to take on and if they wish they can stop still having the charm power where they left off.

When the bot charms come in They will be progression through the charm quests. You must complete a certain stage of quests to receive your bot charms and charm power ups

Last edited by Lockjaws on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eliseus

PostSubject: Re: IDK if to consider these bugs or not   IDK if to consider these bugs or not I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 9:26 pm

Oh thats cool, hey man thanks for replying
Back to top Go down
Zolexa13
Dev Team

PostSubject: Re: IDK if to consider these bugs or not   IDK if to consider these bugs or not I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 9:37 pm

Arent you supposed to be sleeping?

Oh and Lock, I still beat you to it. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IDK if to consider these bugs or not   IDK if to consider these bugs or not I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IDK if to consider these bugs or not
Page 1 of 1