Vahalla
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vahalla EQ Emulator Server

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Newbie Ideas

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Worm

Newbie Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Newbie Ideas   Newbie Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 11:51 am

I was playing on a different server before I deployed. Now that I have returned, of cource the server is no longer live. I'll list a few of the things that the people liked on thier - you may or my not be able to use or want to use.

I dont see a donator option or items for donators. Which is a good thing. But, have you thought of it? Since it seems as if you dont need donations to keep the server live, you could make donator items available for a few bucks here and there. Not like the other servers that want to give you an item if you donate $50 -100+. Those people just dont get the Walmart affect - sell for less - get more $$ and people. I would be willing to donate $$ to equip a char so I could tackle higher level mobs. I havnt seen any raids yet so I'm not sure if I will be able to take down high lvl mobs by myself - with better (donator) gear that would change. People like power.

I seen one post on "HOT ZONES", but it was real old. Rotate the hot zones for different levels and add an exp modifier to that zone. Example: I have 3 sons between the ages of 9 - 12. They love EQ, but they will not play if they have to grind 6 hours for a few levels. gets old fast. I love it, however, the younger audiance does not. I do however enjoy going out grinding for an hour or so and returning to the lobby to find I leveled 10+ times (not just 1 or 2 times). EXP bonus in diff zones?

Do you need a tester for quests? I've run through only a few so far (the first ones avail as a lowly 1-20 lvl, and havnt been able to finish one of them yet due to it not updating - mobs not spawning - mobs not interacting when their supposed to etc...

I'm still new to the sever so I'm still unsure of how the leveling pace is - if it is a slow grind server - then please disreguard what I've suggested.

However, all in all, I do enjoy the server. So far the people are freindly and those that have GM status are fast to respond to questions.
Back to top Go down
Dizok

Newbie Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie Ideas   Newbie Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 3:01 pm

Heya Worn
A faster route for leveling is to do the wayfare quests.
With the radiant crystal you get you can buy stuff from npc's.
There is also an npc in the guildlobby that sells adventure potions for better xp.
Another npc in the guildhall transport you to a zone where you can do different quest in your level range.
From the crystals you gain there you can buy gear to upgrade your chars.
After you reach level 50 you can start doing the icewell keep quest to gear up and get other nice items.
Alot of Velious zones has custom quests you get in icewell keep to move forward on your adventure.
Some quest may be hard at the beginning but not impossible and there are always people like to help out.
You can also work on your custom charm because you get also charms for your bots.
The best to find out is to talk to every npc in the guildlobby and also join the global guild on this server.
Hail the npc in the guildlobby next to the guildhall entrance to join.
There is always alot of stuff on the bank you can grab to progress.
Another nice options is kael to grind for armor drops that you can hand in to some npc in the reclaimed icewell keep instance for armor upgrades.
Alot of the oldschool quests are not worth doing because the reward is not much better than the custom stuff you get at lower levels.
Later you can ask for help on flagging for potimeb and start also on getting access to qvic and other god zones.
If you see me online and need help just ask.
Normaly i play on europe times and mostly on weekend.
Read also the devs notes on the forum for informations on the custom content on this server.

Edit:
Forget to say something about donations.
I have no problems when people want to donate to a server but i dont like the idea to reward the people with stuff.
This normaly ends up in an unbalanced server.

Donating to a server to support it? YES
Get items for donations? NO

Regards
Dizok

Back to top Go down
Bossland

Newbie Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie Ideas   Newbie Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 7:13 am

The Server is quite old, alot came and gone, some stuff broke in the middle, or was from start.
I try fixing whatever is reported, actually to GurkhaPanzers not me, since i am barely online. However i do fix usually immidiatly what he reports me.

About Donations and Level Pace i can't say anything that are things GurkhaPanzers would have to answer/decide.
Back to top Go down
Worm

Newbie Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie Ideas   Newbie Ideas I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 1:58 pm

I dont mind the level pace... It's nice not to burn through to max level and not see any of the low level content. My problem is GEAR at upper levels... If it was a very busy server and I could find peeps to group with it wouldnt be a problem. But, with the gear thats in place I cant take down boss mobs. You know....The mobs that an entire guild would have to fight? Well when it's just me and my bots it doesnt happen. I really dont want to have to box 5+ toons just to take down one boss when GOOD GEAR or BETTER GEAR would make using strategy a little easier. I see alot of posts by people that come and go....I'll be here...I like the server....I'll attempt at getting grease for my squeeky wheel Smile
Back to top Go down
Worm

Newbie Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie Ideas   Newbie Ideas I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 2:17 pm

Sorry, had to post this also.

I know Sothal Aminora sells items in the lobby. I've collected crystals for 2+ weeks now and Im at 180 crystals. Maybe the quests are not giving enough for the trouble? Maybe the items are too $$? Maybe not enough crystals drop in the zones randomly?

The upper level (tier 3) quests at LvL 70 I cant even finish to get the reward. My bot group cant take down the mobs in those quests at all. So I'm not sure how many crystals you even get for finishing it. As hard as it is it should be 50+...But going off the level 2 quests prob not.

Lastly for the moment...How about Sothal Amiinora selling character appropriate gear? WAR=plate gear with higher AC etc...

My point? More crystals if I have to buy better gear. Better gear if I have to earn crystals. Lower the tier 3 quests so they are not so hard. or let me donate for gear that I can at least come close to beating the upper level bosses and quests.
Back to top Go down
Bossland

Newbie Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie Ideas   Newbie Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 7:47 am

Yes, the Missions should actually reward more. And will, when i get to work on this part again.
The new Zones drop rates of radiants isn't to bad i think, of course not really common.
All i can say for now is, i will work on the missions the next time and will see that one gets a little more quicklier overall.
Back to top Go down
GurkhaPanzers
Server GM

Newbie Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie Ideas   Newbie Ideas I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 8:01 am

All ideas are excepted with 1 exceptions I am not taking donations on server. Server is free to play and I want it to remain that way. Thanks for the thought but I can afford the hardware and the network.

Solrotemple is planned to be updated.

I am thinking of hosting a feedback night and will post it online so player feedback can be recorded and addressed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newbie Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie Ideas   Newbie Ideas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie Ideas
Page 1 of 1