Vahalla
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vahalla EQ Emulator Server

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

#Goto discussion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GurkhaPanzers
Server GM

#Goto discussion Empty
PostSubject: #Goto discussion   #Goto discussion I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 6:47 am

There is desire from a few to remove this feature, I want general opnions on this. So please post

Do you want
#goto and #zone

or just

#zone

I will need a significant majority to remove the existing feature since it is part of server, please vote(post) away
Back to top Go down
varnus

#Goto discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: #Goto discussion   #Goto discussion I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 12:00 pm

In the couple of months I have played on the server, I have not seen any situation where the existence and use of these commands have caused any problem or contention among the players on the server. In fact, because of these commands I have been helped out a number of times by other players willing to quickly leave where they were hunting, #ZONE to my location, assist with a kill, a task, a buff and then easily go back to what they were doing, something that they probably wouldn’t have been able (even though they would be willing) to do otherwise.

If at some point the use of #ZONE and #GOTO create a situation where strife among players is created or they are used to jump past a group who has chosen to approach a zone from the conventional fight your way in approach then by all means you have my support and good wishes to change or remove these.

But for now, these commands make a smaller, lower population server a much more closely knit community than it would be without them.

Graciously, your loyal servant and server addict, Varnus, proud member of Eqaddicts
Back to top Go down
Tuldian

#Goto discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: #Goto discussion   #Goto discussion I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 3:01 am

I agree with Varnus.. but w/e you guys decide is fine with me
Back to top Go down
blurman2000

#Goto discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: #Goto discussion   #Goto discussion I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 9:16 am

I do have a question.

What's the reasons for wanting it removed?

Does it really affect everyone else or lag out the server?

I really find it very useful to travel around.
So my vote is to keep up but then again, I do wanna know why they want it gone.
Back to top Go down
MaxDarkhart

#Goto discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: #Goto discussion   #Goto discussion I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 7:08 pm

I vote you keep them both Smile Endless running to get somewhere is part of the BS this server is supposed to be eliminating as compared to live, imo. Time better spent fighting.

Max
Back to top Go down
GurkhaPanzers
Server GM

#Goto discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: #Goto discussion   #Goto discussion I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 9:30 pm

4 of 4 says keep both. Clearly not an overwelming majority to remove it so it will stay. #goto and #zone allow for trash to be skipped which is not really the intention. I wanted to have folks skip running to zones. Either way it is the server baseline and it is staying so consider topic closed. If at some later time someone post a good reason to remove it then we will open it up again to discussion but to change anything I want the players opinion to dominate (well when it comes to removing things). Opinions are welcomed for additions but that doesnt mean they will be implemented but I will liston.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

#Goto discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: #Goto discussion   #Goto discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

#Goto discussion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vahalla :: General Discussion :: The Lobby-
Jump to: