Vahalla
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vahalla EQ Emulator Server

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Future Content Suggestion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Graecus

Future Content Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Future Content Suggestion   Future Content Suggestion I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 10:23 am

Tyrdan asked for suggestions for future content...

I'd like to cast my vote for the OoW expansion. I know it's a lot of work considering it's development is far from complete yet you will not find another Emu out there who has OoW completed as a whole. At best, most use a zone or two from OoW, corrupting what the game was meant to be. In addition to being the first Emu server with OoW completed and progression in place, Vahalla can make a momentous contribution to the Emu community, which can only be a good thing for the server as a whole.

I'd also like to see more development into AA's. Once we get to 700+ AA's, they become frivolous. We're running out of AA's to purchase which make any real impact on our characters.

So OoW as a progression expansion and OoW AA's.
Back to top Go down
Lockjaws
Dev Team

PostSubject: Re: Future Content Suggestion   Future Content Suggestion I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 12:04 pm

We don't have any C++ coders working on the server currently which is required to impliment more AA's to the game

trevius on eqemulator wrote:

There are a few complications with adding further AAs for the newer clients. One of them is that they have to be coded manually in the source and each one has to be done in different parts of the source where it is needed depending on what effect it is supposed to have. Another issue is that Live changed how AAs work a bit in the newer expansions so they can go to higher limits like having 30 Combat Stability AAs or something. AAs are handled in a fairly complicated way in the database and the client is very specific about what it expects from the server to properly display them. Most of the AAs we currently have only have a max of 5 or 10 ranks. To exceed those limits, we have to figure out exactly how the client wants to receive those AAs to allow them to properly "stack" with the existing ones. I messed with the code for it a couple years ago, but couldn't ever get it properly working the way it does on Live now to allow those limits to be exceeded. Much of the AA sending code probably needs to be rewritten, but it isn't the easiest logic to follow.

If you could take a look at this post
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35036

That can explian a lot of what is needed and how they work.
Back to top Go down
opaww

PostSubject: Re: Future Content Suggestion   Future Content Suggestion I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 9:28 pm

I would like to see DoN opened up and working them were great zones
Back to top Go down
Graecus

PostSubject: Re: Future Content Suggestion   Future Content Suggestion I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 10:25 pm

opaww wrote:
I would like to see DoN opened up and working them were great zones

I agree completely... but I think there is a great untapped potential in following progression expansions. No other Emu has ever done so... mostly because of the work needed to make expansions somewhat complete beyond GoD... we'd be the first and only. That's a huge advertisement for the server.

I might even consider coming out of Dev retirement, and I stress might because I love to play and I love progression, if we did decide to stick with progression in EQ's natural order.

Basically, all the work needed is in the loot tables, balancing and scripts. Balancing should be easy considering what's been done already. I think you all have a great scripting team that impresses me on how quickly, and accurately, bugs in current scripts get fixed. The loot tables though... that'll but an insomniac to sleep in seconds... and I know there are thousands of loot tables per expansion.
Back to top Go down
ALLnamesTAKEN

PostSubject: Re: Future Content Suggestion   Future Content Suggestion I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 12:40 pm

I don't think this is a good idea.
Editing the loottables - fast and easy. Balancing ? Beyond easy. For a lot stuff their might be info on Allah but you would really need someone to run around live and get accurate information.
With OoW also came a ton of Tasks, which most you will have to do yourself life to get all the Text etc. since allah doesnt have it all either.
PEQ does a very good Job in releasing quality content and testing it out. The amount of work for that is huge. You could of course just do it by guess .. but then it won't be live like etc.
Same goes of course for about any npc for dialogues, quests etc. Let alone GoD isnt even finished yet.
To sum it up, with 2 Admins on Full-Time Jobs this would take .. way to long to make it a "server feature". PEQ might be further already before you also.
All in my opinion of course. And i would also suggest rather going more into custom as it was already started. Good Custom Bot Servers are rare and usually fun, just usually to easy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Future Content Suggestion   Future Content Suggestion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Future Content Suggestion
Page 1 of 1